Biopoint Barcoded Point-of-Care (BPOC) is the only contingency application designed for the VA to allow for continual electronic administration of medications during BCMA, VistA or network outages, ensuring the continuity of the patients’ electronic medical record.
Why Biopoint BPOC?
Electronic BCMA Contingency
Functionality designed specifically for VA facilities that operates similarly to BCMA for optimized adoption and maximized productivity.
- Allows medications to continue to be given electronically during BCMA, VistA, or network outages
- Automatic upload of all medication administrations to VistA after contingency ends
- Functionality designed specifically to operate akin to BCMA for the VA
- Ensures that each patient has a complete electronic medical record
No more manual entry of data post contingency, and no more electronic medical record gaps.
- Transfer all contingency data into VistA when the outage is over
- Prevent errors and save time associated with manually entering contingency information tracked on paper
- Ensure each patient has a complete electronic medical record
Give medications in contingency the same as with BCMA.
- Allow staff to administer and document medications in a format similar to BCMA
- Record all medication, comments and PRN effectiveness updates
- No need to switch to paper contingency methods
Manage all of your information from one station.
- Create medication orders and track med carts
- Generate admissions to allow for immediate medication order creation
- Manage your contingency information from one central location
- Allows for the transfer of all contingency data back into VistA
Continue to generate new medication orders while BCMA is inaccessible.
- Accessible by the pharmacy department to continue to fill med orders during contingency
- Complete audit of medications ordered and administrated
Use the same reports as BCMA in BPOC.
- Provides the ability to execute standard BCMA reports including PRN effectiveness, missed medications and MAH reports.