Electronic BCMA Contingency
Functionality designed specifically for VA facilities that operates similarly to BCMA for optimized adoption and maximized productivity.
- Allows medications to continue to be given electronically during BCMA, VistA, or network outages
- Automatic upload of all medication administrations to VistA after contingency ends
- Functionality designed specifically to operate akin to BCMA for the VA
- Ensures that each patient has a complete electronic medical record
No more manual entry of data post contingency, and no more electronic medical record gaps.
- Transfer all contingency data into VistA when the outage is over
- Prevent errors and save time associated with manually entering contingency information tracked on paper
- Ensure each patient has a complete electronic medical record
Give medications in contingency the same as with BCMA.
- Allow staff to administer and document medications in a format similar to BCMA
- Record all medication, comments and PRN effectiveness updates
- No need to switch to paper contingency methods
Manage all of your information from one station.
- Create medication orders and track med carts
- Generate admissions to allow for immediate medication order creation
- Manage your contingency information from one central location
- Allows for the transfer of all contingency data back into VistA
Continue to generate new medication orders while BCMA is inaccessible.
- Accessible by the pharmacy department to continue to fill med orders during contingency
- Complete audit of medications ordered and administrated
Use the same reports as BCMA in BPOC.
- Provides the ability to execute standard BCMA reports including PRN effectiveness, missed medications and MAH reports.